Thursday, May 7, 2009

American Roadtrip: a photographic journey

The reason I got into photography, well art, is because I was never good at describing things in words, during the course of this trip, I've discovered the joy of blogging, I was never good at grammar like predicate nominatives and so on. I remember I tutored some kids and they would ask me grammar questions, I would just tell them to look it up, and i refused to tell them the right answer...probably because I didn't really know what I was doing. I won't tell you which academy I taught at. haha. uh oh. right, so back to my deep profound blog about photographs. Before the trip began I really wanted to form some kind of cohesive idea that I could put together so I could make a book, probably not published by a company but just something I would make by myself. I'm still not sure of what I want to do, but here are some pictures that I liked over the last couple of days, I can't say that I'm happy with my pictures but sometimes its really more about the experience, and this journey through the country from east to west has been incredible. I wanted to do a big photo post, because me and Chuck may be without internet while we are at Yellowstone. So until next time.
Stay thirsty my friends, and enjoy.









antique shop owner


our neighbors at WalMart.





souvenir shop owner







mt rushmore

if i were to make a book, this would be the cover.




19 comments:

  1. i may consider buying your book. or hiring you to make one for me. or buying a 'how to' book on photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang this is nice...i like the way you intensified each pic man...kudos..nice lil o camera you got there too

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gat. yooooo those pictures are tiiightttt. forgive my ghetto accent. not sure how else to express it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. scary cover. digging the little house on the prairie pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops that diversity person is me. don't know why it comes up as that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these blog posts are getting better and better. please make a book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome!! ROADTRIPP!! makes me want to have a tv as my head too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am so fracking jealous. amazing pictures. live it up, bros!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweet! you took the TV with you... hahah. maybe you can just photoshop antennas in. how did you take that last picture? that's what i wanna know...

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha i love the front cover picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these pictures are awesome. stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love this blog!
    i love the pictures!
    man, seriously... you guys are livin' it up.

    keep bloggin!!! you're not shabby at all with your writing, fred!

    ReplyDelete
  14. BTW donald miller (author of "blue like jazz") wrote a book about his road trip with a fellow guy friend that reminds me of this trip. you guys should read it -- you might be able to relate!!! but yeah, totally livin vicariously through this blog and inspiring me to take a cross-country train trip soon..

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh the book is called "through painted deserts" by donald miller

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha all the pictures are so nice, but i loveeeeeee the last one. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. good stuff! i think you're funnier when you write than when you talk!

    ReplyDelete