Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Final Push

As we leave San Francisco and drive through the rolling hills of California while listening to Chuck sing along with Jewel I can't help but be a little sad. Why you ask? I don't think I know why, either it was that feeling of leaving some place, or i parted woth my Tv that i finally threw away...sigh..
we were there for 4 days, the longest stay we've had. SF was great, it's a cleaner, greener, friendlier, New York. I forgot how friendly people were outside of New York and I love it! Me and Chuck have met so many people, last night I made a friend at a 80's bar, Fabrice Henrio from Belgium a skinny young man that towered at about 6'5 or perhaps taller. He was almost like a puppy, I don't know why but we started chatting outside of the club and when we saw each other inside, he never left. It was 4 or 5 Asians and a 6'5 white guy dancing in a circle, I would hardly call what we did dancing...

And on my way home I made another friend at the local pizza place, I don't know how we started talking but it ended with us jumping into each other and a long goodbye of high fives.
Ok, sorry for the dramatic intro I think the music is effecting my writing. Ok so we biked across the golden gate which was a lost harder than I thought it would be which leaves me to one conclusion, I am out of shape. But despite using the excuse of stopping to take pictures and making everyone wait up on me the view was remarkable... It really was magnificent, I
Don't think the pictures I took can come close, you'd have to add a perfect breeze, ocean smell and impeccable weather. The only hiccup on the way was when me and Andy got on the tandam bike, it broke, yea that's right I think I'm cursed, everything I touch turns to gold. After that it was smooth sailing to the beautiful town of Sausalito, yeah I'm guessing pepperidge farms based their delicious cookie on this town, good job.
Afterwards we had some dinner at an Italian place, dessert and then the 80's bar. It was great to relax and spend time with good company. Thanks so much George, Skillman for housing us! Angela, Lisa, and Skillman were so generous to me to share some of their time to show me around and making my stay a very pleasant one indeed!!!! And to Mike Cho I forgot why I said I'd give you a shout out, but here it is. I'll try to update again later tonight! Stay thirsty my friends!



Pizza from cheeseboard in Berkeley, very excellent, thank you bay area for the last gift of pizza!



-- Post From My iPhone

3 comments:

  1. cheeseboard. yum. when you coming back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. pepperidge farms. lol. love that. who would think of that unless they eat a lot of those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw i like that you made random friends. good job.

    ReplyDelete