Sunday, May 3, 2009

T-minus 3 hours. LA or bust.

It's 2:30 in the morning, I haven't packed, and I'm leaving to take the longest roadtrip of my life with a complete stranger. Ok, so not a complete stranger...a friend, Chuck. You may ask Why drive to California? Good question. Chuck is moving back to LA and we thought it'd be fun if we drove across the states (you can ask us later if it was fun.) I've spent the last hour just looking for a blog application for my iPhone, not to mention I still need to burn some CD's for some awesome music on the trip. I have to say this I'm pretty pumped to drive across, well maybe not so much in the beginning, the first two or three days may just be as grueling as one might think on a roadtrip. Let me paint a picture of what our roadtrip is suppose to look like, I say suppose because I'm not sure we even know where we're going.
Cities in order we're suppose to hit.
Pittsburgh, Chicago, uh Mt Rushmore? whatever city that's in, Yellowstone National Park, Tahoe, Yosemite, Sequoia Park, San Francisco, then our final destination...LA.
I plan on documenting most of the trip with my camera, I'm not sure what will come out of the pictures or how everything will turn out. My original plan was to do a couple of different projects, stop the car and take pictures if I saw a place that I wanted to shoot at, which thinking about it now, maybe more difficult then I might think. Either way, I'll be shooting with my 5d and my Rolleiflex...I haven't decided what film to put in first, BW or chromes.
All in all, I'm very excited for the trip and can't wait to blog about it later once we're on the road. Check back frequently for smaller updates. Stay thirsty my friends.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gluck.. be safe! btw this is steve song

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck you guys! stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. drive safe. i'm living vicariously through you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't be too safe; that'll make for a boring time. loom around danger every so often to keep it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is amazing. i can't wait to see what you guys document. have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete